Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Grateful!


Guy Mariano (a pro-skater on Mikemo's team) came over yesterday to take Vince and Mikemo to Golf N Stuff for a little break for Vince! It was so nice to see them hanging out together, since it's been quite awhile that he has been able to do anything without ANY pain! He hasn't even had ANY pain medications at all since Friday! How awesome is that! My grandson, Gianni (10 yrs. old) was here and got to meet Guy for the first time and he also got his board signed by him. I took this picture of them and he was really excited, but hates to get his picture taken (the reason for the closed eyes!) Hey look! They all have the same haircut! LOL! Thank you Guy, for making yesterday such a special day for ALL of my MEN!!!

We are happy to report that Vince did not have an intestinal infection and he is doing so much better! Thank you all my prayer warriors!

Vince is out with Bernadette today, he took her to lunch and a movie! It is a beautiful day and I am so grateful that he feels so good! Your prayers, phone calls, cards, gifts, meals and love are definitely making all of us feel so loved!

Thank you to the Hale family for your card and Mrs. Field's cookies! Chocolate chip cookies are Vince's favorite! I miss you, Nancy...your card was a blessing and I totally understood what you were trying to say:)

Thank you to Aunt Carrothead! Your gift was extremely unique and made Vince laugh! (good to hear these days!)

I also got an email from a wonderful lady named Shari this morning, and she said that she thought of the word "IN VINC IBLE" last night and thought of Vince! Here is the definition:
Invincible....incapable of being conquered, defeated, or subdued.
Jim & I love this~thanks, Shari!

Here is a verse from Psalm 24:8 that uses that same word!
Who is the King of glory? The LORD, strong and mighty, the LORD, invincible in battle.

I love how powerful and alive Gods words are, and how He can speak to MY heart in ways that only HE can through HIS written word! What a comfort and a joy for me as I remember that the creator of the universe is INVINCIBLE and that HE loves Vince even more than I do! That is why I trust in the Lord with all my heart, with all my soul and with all my strength:)
God bless!





No comments: