Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Devotional I Received Today..Appropriate For Me & Maybe For You, Too!

GOD IS MY SALVATION
by Helen Grace Lescheid

Do you feel discouraged and don't know what to do next? We
have mentors that will talk with you.
http://thelife.com/experience/talk-to-a-mentor/
Listen to this devotional read aloud online:
http://thelife.com/blogs/experience/kindle/2008/10/26/god-is-my-salvation/

"Surely God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid"
Isaiah 12:2

Do you ever feel like you can't face another day of challenges?
Perhaps it's time to take a day off and to spend it in quiet
refection walking through nature or reading a good book by the
fireplace. But what do you do when none of this helps to lift you
out of the doldrums? May I suggest something that has helped
me to get out of the fog--literally and emotionally?

One night as I was coming home along the highway, the fog was
as thick as pea soup. I could not see the road in front of me. I
could barely glimpse the dim reflectors marking the lanes of the
busy highway. How was I going to find my way home? It was by
focusing on these "bright spots" in the fog. I inched forward from
one reflector to the next. What a relief when, an hour-and-a-half
later, I reached the warmth and light of home!

By using the same mind-focusing principle, I've learned to let
Scripture guide me instead of my moods. I take a portion of
Scripture like Isaiah 12, a favorite---- and personalize it. Then
I say it out loud.

Today I will give thanks to you, O LORD!

When I feel afraid I will remember, Surely God is my salvation.
I will trust, and will not be afraid.

When I am weak, The LORD God is my strength and my might; He
has become my salvation.

When my resources are gone, I will draw water from the wells of
salvation.

I've discovered there's power in speaking the Word of God out
loud. As I recite God's life-giving words throughout the day, my
mood lifts and I receive courage to move forward one step at a
time.

~ Lord Jesus, thank you that I don't have to navigate this day
alone. With Your help I will face every challenge and conquer it.
For great is the Holy One of Israel who lives among us.

No comments: