Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Today Vince is feeling so great! Oh my gosh! I am amazed at how much of a difference there is between his first chemo and this 3rd one! He did throw up twice last night, but it's mostly because he just feels so full and can't even put anymore liquids or food into his body until the chemo liquid comes out. He always feels so much better after that. He REALLY is doing so fantastic and I am so grateful to Jesus for providing healing in his body in such a short time! I made him pancakes for breakfast and we are leaving shortly for his 2 pm appt. at UCLA to have the shot that renews his white blood cells, which is given 20-24 hrs. after chemo.

Here are two photos that Mikemo took of our new friends, Milt & Betty! What a joy they were! In the photo with Veronica, he told Mikemo..."here, take our picture of me kissing her, kiss, kiss, kiss"...it was hiralious! He is such a jokster! He told us so many funny ones and kept us laughing for hours! Vince said he wants to make his appointments at the same time as his from now on, because he made the time go by so fast! A 6 hr. chemo session only seemed like a few hours because of them. His wife Betty & I are in the other photo...which I had no idea that Mikemo even took of us...it looks like we are posing, but we were actually standing next to each other because her husband told her to stand next to me to see how tall she used to be before she started to shrink! He told us to take 1,500 units of calcium everyday so that we don't get what she has and she looks at him and says, "oh...Stop!...they don't want to hear your advice"! LOL! They have been married for 55 yrs! They bicker back and forth constantly, but you know that they love each other very much just by the mere fact that they are still together! He has lung cancer, like I mentioned yesterday, and he said he never gets sick from his chemo and his was so energetic! His wife said she doesn't know where he gets all his energy and he is driving her crazy!! LOL! Actually, they reminded me of my own parents...when I call them on the phone, my dad picks up a phone from the other room and we are all talking, and then they start bickering back and forth and talking to each other while I just listen...it's pretty entertaining! I love it when my mom says, "Cal, you make too much noise on the phone...hang up!" Cracks me up! I love them for that...so it was great to have Milt and Betty remind me of what love is at that stage in life! See what we have to look forward to?...LOL!!!

Colossians 4:2
Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.

No comments: