Thursday, January 8, 2009

It's Radiation Time

Yesterday Vince had to go for the final CT scan before the radiation begins.  So here's the plan. Tomorrow at 11:30 he will have a "dry run" which they call a "simulation" and then he will have his 1st treatment on Monday at 5 pm!  They wanted to get started ASAP (as soon as possible:) They aren't messing around, that's for sure!  Vince's appt. will only be about 15 mins. long each day, except for once a week it will be about 1/2 hr. so that he can talk to the doctor.  So our round trip each day should only be about 2 1/2 - 3 hrs. (without traffic).  Of course the other day, the doctor said that they are pretty "flexible" with the times as far as our schedule is concerned, BUT, when we got to the scheduling part, they said, "we have 7:45 a.m. or 5 p.m. available, which one do you prefer?"  Dang!  Neither one sounds good to us!  How's 11 a.m. sound?  LOL!  Anyway, we keep thinking that it's better to get it over with early, rather than later, so we will see as the times become available as to the schedule...but, I'm sure we will take what we can get...like we really have any say!  LOL!  

Here is a photo of Jim and Vince!  Don't they look cute!  Vince's hair is growing back, but I doubt he will ever catch up to his dads!  LOL!

His last treatment will be on Feb. 13th!  Yes!  It'll be here before you know it!  I'm sure we will be counting the days and checking each one off of the calendar with JOY!!!  I am so happy to report that he has been feeling so AWESOME!  I told Vince that I am so proud of him and if it was me that was going through this, that I am positive that I would NOT be as pleasant...that IS for sure!!!  I would be so grouchy!!!  But, I would trade places with him in a millisecond (is that a word?) just so that he would not have to suffer!  I hate seeing him have to go through this, it breaks my heart!!!  I have comfort in knowing that God is shaping his character and making him into the man that he wants him to be and that his story will make a difference in this world!  

Today he and Mikemo drove to Matix and Girl Skateboard Co. to hang out with the guys and play some hoops!  I am so thrilled that he is feeling so normal!!!  He and Bernadette have been so energetic and happy the past few days!  What a change for all of us!  We love hearing them laugh & wrestle!  It's really taken these 3 mths. to get adjusted to what is happening in our lives and finally all of us are feeling a sense of relief as Vince is getting through each treatment, especially that horrible chemo and the mono!  He has been through so much!  What an inspiration he is! 

I always pray for you, and I make my requests with a heart full of joy
Philippians 1:4

May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation for those good things that are produced in your life by Jesus Christ--for this will bring much glory and praise to God.
Philippians 1:11 

No comments: