Monday, January 26, 2009

Ok...fine!

Vince and I got home about an hour ago and I just couldn't resist telling you what happened.  We got there on time and waited about 15 mins. before they called Vince into the room.  As we are waiting, we hear "Code Red, Code Red on the 3rd floor" and we heard that about 5 times.   I was waiting in the waiting room, putting a puzzle together (pretty cool that they have an area like that, especially since I am a puzzle-a-holic :) and thinking...hmmm...does that mean fire?  I was looking around to see if anyone looked alarmed and not one person even seemed worried. Technicians walked by and casually smiled and just kept doing their job.  There was an older man, probably in his 80's, sitting in his wheelchair waiting to have his radiation and apparently he waited over 1 hour and his driver came in and was very irritated that he hadn't gone in yet and proceeded to tell him that they evacuated the whole building because there was a possible fire in the building!  Ok...why are WE still here and no one even told us anything!  What's up with that?

  
In the meantime, Vince is having radiation and about 15 mins. later he comes out and I get up to leave and he tells me that the machine was leaking water on his arm and it wasn't working! Yikes!  Ok...fine, so we sit and wait about 5 more mins. so they can see if it passes the "testing phase" and it did and then he went back in and about 10 more mins. goes by and he comes out and tells me it broke AGAIN!  So they said for him to go see the dr. (which he does every Monday) but, this doctor wasn't the regular doctor and we asked him if he could give us a copy of the MRI results from Dec. 30th.  Even though the radiation doctor told us that the tumor is "pretty much dead",  we wanted to know how much smaller the tumor had gotten and if he could give us a "size in centimeters" since the tumor was 15 cm when they found it.  He said that he really couldn't say because he said that the tumor at 15 cm was breaking out of the bone and going into the soft tissue and now there is no evidence of anything in the soft tissue and only a small amount of evidence that something is in the bone!  I love that!  God is so good!  Thank you, Jesus!  How exciting is that?!  This is the best news that a cancer patient can hear!

After we saw the doctor, they put Vince in another radiation machine, which was awesome, since it was working and he got radiated!  So we didn't waste a drive down there...yay!  As we got into the elevator to leave, an employee of the hospital got on with us and I asked him if code red meant "fire" and he said yes and that a kid probably pulled one of the fire alarms and that they had to evacuate the building because of it.  I asked him why they didn't have the basement (that's where the radiation area is) evacuated with the rest of the building and jokingly he says, laughing, "I guess they wanted you to burn"! HAHAHA!  Great!  How comforting that was!  So, now I know that we won't be saved when the building burns!  Maybe now I should start carrying fire proof suits with us, just in case!  LOL

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my
petition which I asked of Him.

1 Samuel 1:27

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny, Ronda. Praying for Vince! So glad you are all in good spirits. God has it covered. Love you!
Angie Merrill

Unknown said...

praying for you Ronda!

Susy Murphy said...

You guys are like Meshach, Shadrach, and Abednego. God won't let you burn in the fiery furnace! :)