Thursday, March 5, 2009

Change IS Inevitable:[

Just when we think that we were adjusting to the news about the surgery, the oncologist office calls and tells us that they want Vince to have another round of chemo before he has his surgery! As you can imagine, Vince isn't too thrilled and we do know that the doctors have their reasons, but through it all, Vince still has a great attitude. We are scheduled to see the oncologist on Tuesday and we will have lots of questions for him, that's for sure. We asked the nurse why they want him to do another chemo and she said that the surgeon recommended it so that he will be able to have a better result for the surgery. I think part of that thinking also came from the fact that Vince got Mono and had to skip a chemo session and ended up going right into radiation. They do have a certain treatment plan that they adhere to for Ewing's Sarcoma, which of course yields the best possible outcome, according to the experts. In the meantime, we adjust AGAIN! It's always going to be an emotional roller coaster and today is another one of those days. I have been a little emotional, but I'm ok. Sometimes you think that you are quite numb to what's going on and then other days it's a big reality check. Check, check...testing 1 2 3!!! Ya...I hear you loud and clear! Hey! I have feelings! YES! I think that a good thing...LOL!

I am posting a link to a video I saw today, which of course was about 15 mins. before the dr. called and I was already crying because of this...I dare you not to shed a tear:) Click here to watch The Home Run.


I borrowed the following prayer from an online devotional and thought it was perfect for all of us who are going through various trials

Dear Lord, thank You that in the midst of uncertain times, fearful times, and heart-aching times, You are the One I can be certain of. Thank You for being a Sure Thing, for now and always. Let my mind be filled with You, and then I will know Your peace which is supernatural. Lord, I pray that You will strengthen me in this trial, and during it, I ask that You will cause my heart and my mind to continue to turn to You. Lord, don’t let this hard time cause me to be bitter or despairing. Instead, let me come out of it on the other side with a stronger trust in You. In Jesus’ name, Amen

Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.”
Colossians 3:2

1 comment:

Prplpoet18 said...

Ronda, after reading your latest entries, I felt so much love for Vince--my heart is overflowing. I believe that there are some BIG things in his future for which this is preparation. With him & Mikemo as a team to influence youth to value life...maybe as a future motivational speaker? There is a platform for them & I have an incredible contact in that respect. If we can be of service to you or your family at any time, please let us know what we can do.
Shari & Gustavo Faerman