Thursday, April 2, 2009

Vince "Skated" Through This Chemo:)

We still don't have a definite date for the surgery. It will most likely be the week of April 13th. Vince is feeling so good but he is a bit bummed because his hair is starting to fall out:( It's the last time we will see him with hair for about 1 yr. If anyone would like to send some cool looking hats or beanies you can send them his way! Not sure he'd wear them all, but I'm sure it will be fun getting them!

Vince hurt his knee a few days ago and had an MRI today, so please pray that it's nothing but a sprain, so that he can have the surgery on his arm as scheduled. He and Mikemo will be attending a skate camp for kids, Camp Woodward, next week for a few days and it will be a great time to just get away and have some fun doing something good for those kids who are going to get a chance to see their favorite skaters.

Please add Vince's girlfriend, Bernadette, to your daily prayers as she re-fractured her hip for the 2nd time. It seems as though our family is being slammed with health issues, a few more of us have been afflicted, but we are hopeful that God has each one of us in His care and we have peace because of that very reason.

I found this cool photo a few months ago and thought I'd share it with you. It also happens to show the "humerus" bone, which is the one that Vince will have replaced in a few weeks and it also reminds me of my favorite show...American Idol! Go Adam!

Give me knowledge and good sense; for I have put my faith in your teachings. Psalms 119:66

No comments: