Friday, May 15, 2009

5th Chemo Next Week!

Vince saw the surgeon's assistant yesterday and he said he was doing better than he thought...duh! He was the one that we saw a few weeks ago and told Vince he would never lift his arm up again. But, even though we know he will, he is just saying that for Vince's protection, and we do appreciate that. He said anything more than what he is doing right now is "gravy!" It was funny to see the doctors eyes light up when Vince was able to move his arm around better than he thought, and he kind of said, "oh, um maybe not too much."

He will start his 5th round of chemo next week, still don't know which day, but we find out on Monday. Great news! He gets to have his one day (7 hrs.) treatment in Westlake Village, which is really close to our house! We are so excited! It's a brand new facility and so nice! That is such a blessing and I know that the Lord paved the way! I met the nurse that is in charge there, about 6 mths. ago (thank you Cathy) and even before they opened , and we knew that it could be a possibility that he could be treated there! Vince is super happy because that takes away the stress from having to travel about 2 1/2 to 3 hrs. each day for those two days. The second day is for that expensive shot that rejuvenates his white blood cells.

I have to tell you how proud of Vince I am, because as we where driving in the car yesterday from the doctor, we were talking about the chemo and that he has 13 treatments to go, and he said to me, "it hasn't been that bad". I looked at him and said, "THAT BAD!" "Oh, my gosh! Do you know what you've gone through?" and I added, "I love how God gives us "amnesia" after we get through these things." How cool is that, that Vince is just so casual about all he has been through! I am just so proud of him and my heart leaps for joy knowing that he realizes that this is just part of his life and he will get through it! God is there in the midst and He protects our hearts and minds and keeps us focused, not on the past, but what lies ahead!

This last month has been such a wonderful resting period for me, and our family, and I am so grateful that I am able to renew and refresh so that I am able to endure the upcoming trials set before me! There are a few that I am not going to share yet, but I am asking for prayer for me and my family, which is not Vince related:) I will keep you posted when I find out more information.

For now, I pray that you find that God is working in your heart and that you are able to draw closer to Him than ever before, no matter what you are going through! God bless:)

I am putting a link right here if you want to see a graphic photo of a similar surgery that Vince had. Just be warned it's quite graphic, so if you have a weak stomach you may not want to look.
No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead,
Phillippians 3:13

No comments: