Monday, June 15, 2009

Chemo Delays All Day!

We got to the hospital right on schedule at 10 a.m. We had to sit and wait for 2 hours before they could get us into a room! There are way too many cancer patients in hospitals these days for sure! Every time we come we hear the "over-crowed" story.

It's now 9:50 pm and we've been in the room for over 9 1/2 hrs. and chemo still hasn't been given. Part of the reason is that Vince's PH level has to be at 8.0 before they will give it to him, so they give him Sodium Bicarbonate (baking soda) via I.V. to boost it so they can start, which it's been 8.0 for at least an hour and a half, but all day they have been lagging...they are a bit overwhelmed due to the over-crowding. We don't mind waiting though, as long as he feels good.

As I'm writing this they just came in to hook him up! YAY! Finally!

Jim picked Mikemo up from LAX around 5 pm and brought him back here to the hospital to see Vince and I before taking him home. He has been gone 2 weeks. Welcome home MIKEMO! Here is a photo of him with his silly new phone! He broke his iPhone on his tour and wants to get the new iPhone which doesn't come out until Friday, so he got the cheap phone, which is so not his style, but I think it's funny! LOL!

I have a comfy bed and I am resting, so no worries! Brought all my comfy pillows and blankets!

I will update again soon!
Thanks for continuing to pray for us!

Psalm 40:1-3 "I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, about of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord" (NIV).

No comments: