Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Chemo #7 Update


Vince had his chemo today and I still am in awe of how great he is doing! This is truly the best that he has done with any of his chemos. As soon as we got to the facility he was much more relaxed since we didn't have to drive in traffic for over an hour to get there and his blood pressure was excellent and the chemo began!


The nurse that we had today is so wonderful and we have built a greatrelationship with her since October of last year when my friend introduced us on the phone. She is an infusion nurse and worked at my friends office once a week and my friend was sharing Vince's story with her and she mentioned that they were opening up a new UCLA infusion facility inWestlake and the rest is history! We have been looking forward to having his infusions there since that time and it's finally a reality! Thank you, Jesus for paving the way and guiding us through this journey and bringing those people into our lives! I have so many stories of the most wonderful people that have come along side us and brought us strength during this time. We are so blessed! Thank you Aunt Diane for coming to visit with us today! We really enjoyed having you there:)


Jim and Veronica came to hang out with us today as well, and when we left, Vince was craving steak, so we stopped and ate at the Claim Jumper and it was awesome!

His infusion time was only 5 1/2 hrs. which was because the nurse gave us her undivided attention and gave him one of his chemos and another drug in an I.V. push vs. the drip, so that sped things up by about 2 hours! We are learning new things every time we go because each person has their own way of doing things. It's all quite fascinating. I am learning to take notes:) It's only taken me 10 mths. to figure this stuff out..LOL!

If you could say an extra prayer for a few of my family members and friends I would really appreciate it! I won't go into any details, as I know God knows their situations so I am just listing their names, I hope they don't mind:)
Vicki, Carlton, Stacey's family, Mary, Robin, Annie, Peggy, Mitchell, Jane, Todd, Jim H, Eric, Tom, Tyler, George, Erica and Kate.
Thank you so much and I know that God hears your prayers and so do the ones receiving them! God bless!

A friend loves at all times.
Proverbs 17:17

No comments: