Monday, August 3, 2009

Chemo #8 Starts Tomorrow

I can't believe I haven't posted anything for a few weeks! That is such great news, because that means things have been going pretty smooth around here. I have cleaned, cleaned, cleaned, Veronica went to Big Bear w/Lya, for some much needed vacation time, Mikemo came home from Florida, we celebrated my sister in laws (Gina) birthday at Cliffton's Cafeteria in downtown Los Angeles, rode my new bike a few times with Vince and Veronica, had a great dinner at a Japanese restaurant with Vince, Mikemo, & Veronica, went to a "No Doubt/Paramore" Concert in Irvine with Mindy, Veronica, and her friend, Nicole. The tickets were Veronica's 16th birthday present, her birthday is coming up on Aug. 20th!

We ate at Bob's Big Boy in Burbank (can I hear an Amen!) on the way to the concert, and today we celebrated Mindy's 29th birthday with Red's BBQ and a Red Velvet cake from "Nothing Bundt Cakes"...whew! I feel like a new person! The last 10 mths. have been so intense and all this "normal stuff" has felt like a breath of fresh air! We even went to church on Sunday!

Vince goes into the hospital tomorrow at 10 a.m. for his 5 day chemo. He has been feeling really good, which is certainly a huge blessing! Mikemo is leaving tomorrow for Atlanta, Ga (Maria and Tyler, wish I could go with him, then I could come visit you!) Mikemo will be on a skate trip of the U.S. filming for Chocolate (a skate co.), for the next 2 weeks. He didn't get to skate in the X Games because he ended up getting sick. Hopefully, he will be invited back next year:)

Thank you again for all your prayers for Vince and our family! We are so very grateful for your never ending care and concern. We are looking forward to checking this chemo off the list!

Prayer Requests:
Lisa-pray that she feels the presence of Jesus and the hope that he has for her. She needs a special miracle right now for healing in her body!
Kate-a 6 yr. old with a brain tumor. Pray for healing.
Me-I am having a brain scan on Wed. to follow up on the tumor in my spine. Pray that they find a brain! LOL! No, seriously pray for a clean scan! Thank you:)
The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.
Psalms 29:11


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! Wow...what a great update! You know...we are so close...one of these days I will just have to make a trip out there to see you AND Ms. Judy Pinos too. :)

Ok, I'll be praying for chemo and for the brain scan. Keep us updated.

I am going to try to subscribe to your blog here...you know I'm a bit blog challenged. ;p

Thank you also for your support and wonderful kind words of encouragement. :) Rhonda, you are a special lady, for sure!

Love to your family from mine...
Andrea

www.fightsarcoma.org

Anonymous said...

I am so glad things are going well! I know you are at the hospital today. So are we..tyler is getting blood but is in good spirits. God is faithful ! I am praying for you guys! We need to come to CA and you guys come to GA! What a blast!
Maria
cp:Tylershead16

Debbie said...

How awesome that you guys are getting back to normal and having so much fun!! I'm so jealous that you got to see No Doubt!! I love them! You all look great...and happy : )

Sending hugs!

~Debbie & family

Miguel said...

I totally forgot about mike mo at the x games, but now that you mention it I wish he was there, there were only a couple of my favorite skaters there.

As always, you have my prayers!