Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Clean Scans!


Yesterday Vince and I drove to UCLA Santa Monica and he had his CT Scans and thank you Jesus, they are clean! I seriously had no doubt that they wouldn't be and I am so thrilled for Vince! I know that there is also that "scanxiety" when anyone goes for tests, but especially after such a serious diagnosis. Jim had Kidney Cancer 10 yrs. ago, so he knows how it creeps into your mind and it really never leaves. It's just part of the journey.

Click here if you are interested in buying Vince's cancer fundraising skateboard! Our local indoor skate park is selling them & they ship all over the world Thank you SKATELAB!

I met with Jane today, she is a mom of a Ewing's Survivor and her son is 25 yrs. old and 2 yrs. out of treatment. He is cancer free but has residual side effects from 2 surgeries on his femur, otherwise he is living his life and doing very well. I am so grateful that we found each other and we only live about 30 mins. away from each other. I can't even tell you how many AMAZING women I have formed relationships with through this experience and not just locally but from all over the world! Of course, there are a few that I am closer to...and they know who they are...wink, wink;) We feel such a closeness even though we have never met in person, but I know that some day we will, God willing! I am so grateful for cancer...sounds weird I know, but without it in my life over the last 10 yrs. my life would not have as many blessings in it...I know that God knows what He is doing and I am just along for the ride, and it's beautiful:)

My dear friend Tafi had her 3rd chemo today and she is another woman that I adore. We met because of Jim's cancer, she over heard me talking to someone in the school library when we were volunteering at our children's school, so I know that we were meant to be friends. I can see her house from my kitchen window and I am reminded every day that she is traveling this cancer road and I have the privilege of being able to encourage her and pray for her. She is handling treatment extremely well and her hair loss has not fazed her one bit! I can tell you one thing, I would not be so accepting, but she truly doesn't care that she has no hair. She has a cute wig, but really doesn't wear it that often. How wonderful to feel so secure! She loves the Lord so much and wants to be a light for others and that's exactly what she is doing.

Thanks for reading all my thoughts over these last 17 mths, I know how hard they are to read with all the words that hit the pages, but I am so grateful that you care. Prayers do work and God does hear our prayers! Whatever trial you have in your life right now is NEVER EVER too big for God to handle! After all, He created you and loves you more than anyone here on this earth. How cool is that!

I read this today & it fits perfectly for my own life:

At times God takes the people He uses and places them in impossible situations--in that way, they discover that He is faithful.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5 & 6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo ..clean scans and a good story. I love you so much! I am going to buy a skate board and Tell Vince I want it signed... ;0) These boys are my heros. Of course, Tyler told me I would need to buy wheels? Of course, really...why do I need wheels? Its going in my office... ;0) So are you laughing or what?
Maria in Georgia
cp:tylershead16