Sunday, September 14, 2008

One Day At A Time

Yesterday was a very tough day for all of us, especially Vince of course. It started out with that trip to the E.R. at 3:00 a.m, but I could feel God's guidance the entire way. We were thinking we would take him to Simi Valley Hospital, which is 10 mins. away, but I called ahead of time to speak to the E.R. nurse and without saying too much (she isn't allowed to give medical advice) said that it might be best if we went to UCLA E.R. (45 mins. away) just because he was scheduled for the MRI that same morning. I called UCLA to see what they thought and it was the same answer. We drove there as fast as we could, knowing that Vince was laying down in the backseat with Bernadette comforting him, but he was in so much pain. I just prayed the whole time as Jim drove and it seems like the longest drive of my life! I kept praying, Jesus get us there quick, just get us there quick! He spoke to me and told me, "I'm carving a way, I'm carving a way, I'm carving a way"! I knew he would and trusted HIS comfort! We got there in 30 mins. and not one person was in there, except some homeless man roaming around, so they took us in right away! He got registered and got a pain killer (Morphine) and we were on our way back home in about an hour! How cool was that! Piper, our cousin who is a dr. at UCLA, said that is a miracle in itself...that E.R. is never empty like that, especially at that hour on a weekend!

They gave Vince prescription for a medication stronger than Morphine, and that seems to help him but not as much as he would like. Got home at 5:00 a.m.

I have to say this real quick! Veronica just texted me as I am in the middle of sharing this and she is on her way back from Laughlin with her friend Lya's family and she said that she in is the car and hasn't looked up in about 30 mins. and when she did a big rig passed by and on the side of the truck it said, "Jesus Christ is Lord"! I love how HE give us comfort by those things he sends to us! He does care for us and if we would just pay attention we would see HIM everywhere, not just at church or in a picture! I am filled with joy, knowing that He is sending Veronica that comfort as she is also worried about her big brother! Thank you Jesus for loving us in ways we aren't even aware of until we look! I picture Jesus waving to Veronica as the truck passed by...how cool is that!

Vince's MRI was schedule for 11:00 a.m. so we got a few hrs. of sleep before we had to leave, but I had to first get his prescription filled. If anyone knows of a 24 hr. pharmacy that's close by, please let me know! I found out that none of them open until 10:00 a.m. (on the weekends) except a few. One of them was Rite Aid, which opens at 9:00 a.m., so I left the house 20 mins. early and thank you God that I did, because with everything going on with Vince, I didn't realize it was the day of the Simi Valley Days parade! Of course they blocked off all the streets to the store and I was re-routed! I was so upset! I was driving and praying, "Lord! Lead me to the right place, please lead me!" I drove to Von's and they open at 10:00 a.m., I almost started to cry at that point, but kept trusting the God had a plan! I drove to Albertson's and they opened at 9:00!!! I got there a few mins. early so I was the only one waiting and in walked the Pharmacist and she saw me standing there and said 'hi' to me and it was like she was there for only ME! I told her my story and she was my angel for the day! Her name is Shoula and we hugged as I left and I know that God was guiding me in this situation, too!

It might seem like small stuff to a lot of people, but to me GOD is BIG and HE cares for US all in ways we sometimes ignore and write off as coincidence, but I believe there is no such thing...it's God-incidence's that I see!

Sorry about the long post, but I am so thankful & grateful for all the comfort that I am getting from God, that I just have to share it! Skip to the bottom of this post if you don't want to read the details...sorry about that if you aren't a detail person (like my husband, LOL!), but I love talking about the details because that's where I can see God working!

We finally got to the MRI room and Vince wanted to lay on the floor in the waiting room, so they were so nice and brought out a gurney for him to lay on, which was such a blessing! He scan was postponed about a 1/2 hr. due to an emergency MRI on a baby. His mom sat next to me and she was crying, and I felt her pain. She did not speak very good English, but I told her I was praying for her baby and gave her a hug...she said "thank you" and cried some more. I offered her some water and a fiber bar, and she was so thankful. A few mins. later they called her in, wheeled her out with her baby in her arms and she looked at me and we said goodbye. God is so good and we are able to comfort others in our own trials as well, because we know HE is working in us & through us, and not just for US, but those HE sends to US.

Vince came out and he was visibly upset (which broke our hearts) and felt as though he would not be able to go forward with his other tests on Monday. I've called the doctor so he is aware of Vince's feelings and we are looking into having him heavily sedated for the scans on Monday, otherwise they will postpone the scans for another day, but they will do the core biopsy for sure on Monday and he will be spending the night there. After we got home is was running a slight fever, gave him Tylenol and his pain killers and he is feeling so much better today! Thank you Jesus! He still has pain, but he looks better today and we are going to celebrate his and Bernadette's birthday (hers was yesterday) today!

Your prayers are so important to us and they are working! Thank you so much to all those who are emailing, texting, calling and Facebooking! They are my strength throughout each day, which I am able to give to Vince & my family!

2Cr 1:4 He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When others are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Thanks for the detailed update (I am a detail person). I'm sure it's a great release for you to be able to write it all out! I also believe that there are no coincidences. I love that your daughter was comforted by the message on the truck that she saw. God is obviously with you and your family during this really difficult time. I'm so sorry that Vince was in so much pain yesterday, but happy to hear that today is a better day for him. Enjoy your family day together today and get some rest. It sounds like tomorrow is going to be a big day. We will be praying with all our heart for Vince and your family. Much love, Debbie

Unknown said...

Hey Ronda...thinking of you guys. Wow...what a a day/morning. thank you for the update.
continuing to pray.
mark

Scott and Family said...

Wow Ronda, what a time you are all going through. Your faith is so inspiring to Lorraine, me and all of our kids. Please know that all 8 of us (yes, even AJ) are praying for your family. And that God will give Vince all the strength and comfort he needs to persevere these difficult days.
Pray without ceasing!!
scott & fam

Sunkist Kids Wrestling Academy said...

have sent prayer requests out for Vince. God is the great physician and comforter! Your journey with God's love and guidance shows how much it can touch others. Be still and know that I am God - has been on my heart for several weeks now. Don't ask me why, but it seems appropriate with all the major trials going on in our world. I see you being still and seeking his wisdom in your daily devotions, even when you could easily be distracted.
Our love and prayers are with you - (i read this several times a day.)
Laurie and Brian