Sunday, September 14, 2008

Vince & Bernadette's Birthday Celebration



Tonight we had a small celebration for Vince & Bernadette's birthdays! He is 21 & she is 19! I wanted to post these photos so you could see his arm and how swollen it is. It's his right arm, but it would be the left one in the photo. It's hard for him to lift his arm and it's got a fever in it. Most of the swelling is probably from the needle biopsy last Wed. They stuck a huge needle in it, he says it was the size of a screwdriver, nice visualization, huh? and moved it side to side and hit a nerve! OUCH! Poor guy...I can't even imagine how he has suffered through this for 6 mths. and not had any relief!!! Now the pain is moving up to his shoulder and down to his wrist. I can't wait for him to get that relief and he is very anxious to just get on with it! He will be taking heavy drugs for the scans and will need lots of prayers to get through them! If you can remember, please pray for him around 10:30 a.m (CT Scan, only 15 mins.) and then again around 12:30 p.m. for the PET Scan (about 30 mins. or so) and then we will go to the hospital across the street and register him to stay in the hospital overnight for his biopsy, but we don't know what time he is scheduled for surgery, I guess we'll find out soon enough! He has a hard time holding his arm in one place for more than a few mins. and that is why the MRI was so difficult.

I want you to know to you, yes you reading this blog, are extremely important to us and the fact that you care enough for Vince and our family and that you keep checking back to hear from me on how he & we are all doing is so comforting and we are all so grateful! I know how much he is loved just by the responses we are getting! God bless...until next time...be safe and be healthy!!!

P.S. The Metro Link crash was so horrible and I am praying for all those and their loved ones involved...including my friends, The Sepe's & the Pratts & others who we know who knew people who died. Prayers are being lifted up!!!

4 comments:

Parker's Summer 2008 said...

Hey dude,
You don't know me - I went to high school with Gina... You are in our prayers down here in Texas! We will be keeping track of you... hope to see more photos of you on your skate board or hanging out.
Big Texas hugs to all ya'll!
Deborah

anneke said...

I'll be praying today all morning, but specifically around 10 a.m. I know how difficult this is, I applaude your bravery, but don't forget to lean hard on God. That is what He is for. I continue to pray that God paves the way for you with doctors, appointments, surgeries, treatments and anything else. Love you guys so much.

Scot said...

Hey Vince. Pastor Scot here (I work with your momma). I just wanted you to know i'm praying for you today. God's in control bro. We love your family and will continue to pray for you all as you go through this together.
Scot

Melody said...

Hey Vince, Ronda, Veronica & family,
I was away from my computer all day and was anxious to get back to your blog for an update, but whenever you came to my mind you were in my prayers. I will continue to lift you up as you go through this trial.
Love you all,
Melody
P.S. I love the pic of Vince & Mikemo texting, when I see it I always think they're praying together!!