Monday, September 8, 2008

Still Waiting

Today was another long day that we just spent waiting. We decided to use the doctor that Piper (Jim's cousin who is a doctor) recommended. Dr. Justice agreed that he is the best doctor for Vince. There is only one problem and it's not a huge problem, but he may not be able to do his biopsy until next week. Unfortunately, he will be out of town starting Th. Why, we ask? I do think that the Lord is teaching us patience!

James 1:2-4
Profiting from Trials
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

Patience...yuk! I want it now! Isn't that how we all feel when we want it our way? I am trusting that God has a handle on this situation and I will hold on to that. But, tomorrow brings new things and I am looking forward to getting more information about our next step. I just want Vince to feel some relief and get this started and on the road to recovery! No parent likes to see their child in pain, no matter how old that child is! :) I will update tomorrow as I am hoping th
at we will have a set appt. The ideal would be to have the biopsy done on Wed. Sept. 10th (Vince's 21st Birthday!) or next Wed. Sept. 17th (my Birthday!) Please be praying for this week!

We have seen some odd things about his case and it
not being diagnosed sooner, so my advice to you is...if you have that nagging feeling that something just isn't quite right with you or your loved ones or even your friends....stay persistent and don't take no for an answer! This is the 2nd time that we have had this situation in our family...Jim (Vince's dad) & Vince....that's 2 too many!! Just a little venting here as I am a bit frustrated...LOL!

I just want to thank Piper (here is her Dr. husband, Brian & her adorable daughter, Chiara) a million times over for talking to me on the phone for hours helping me get through this and being my personal assistant & doctor all in one! She is not only beautiful, but extremely smart and caring and pro-active! Thank you, Piper!!! You are my angel!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of love and prayers to you all. - Jenise.