Monday, October 20, 2008

Chemo Thursday




Sorry about the late blog, but I've been putting it off because we didn't know exactly when he was going into the hospital. We were told that he would be on a 3 week schedule and that would mean Tues. Oct. 21st would be the date, but for some reason the communication isn't that great (the oncologist has a new nurse practitioner and still learning the ropes, pray for her as she is a very sweet lady:). So, Thursday seems to be the day. Vince didn't like that too well, since he is planning on going to a Halloween party next weekend and he knows that he needs at least 5 or 6 days after chemo to heal and to feel somewhat normal, in order to attend. We are trying to push for Wednesday, as every day counts towards his goal. I will be posting pictures of the party, so you might want to check back after Halloween for the updates! Hopefully, Mikemo will be at the party too...as he comes home on Halloween from Europe. Please pray for Vince's chemo treatments. We are asking the Lord for better than expected results, just like this last time! Since God is in charge, I choose to trust HIM with my son's life and I know that "all things are possible with God" :) By the way, he is just now starting to lose his hair! They told us it would take about a week, but it's been 3 weeks! I took a video of him pulling his facial hair out with duct tape! OUCH! I am going to post that video of him doing that as soon as I figure out how to do it! LOL!

Also, if you could say an extra prayer for Mikemo and his team and for them to have a safe trip home, I would be a very appreciative MOM!! Thank you:)

I am praising God that I got my jury duty postponed for 1 yr! Yay!

Thank you Henschen family for making Vince's "chemo blanket"..it's awesome! It will keep him super warm and cozy as the days get colder! Jackie, I love how you said that "Jesus blankets us with HIS love"...that's so true! What a great visual for us every time he uses it!

Vince looks about 15 yrs. old without his beard! He shaved it off yesterday before it was supposed to fall out. He does still have hair under that hat, but not for long. It's shedding everywhere!

Thank you to the Reilly family for making us yummy scones for our breakfast treats! We especially love the art work on the bags! Thank you Allie and Aidan! You are awesome artists!


Philippians 4:6
Do not worry about anything. But pray and ask God for
everything you need. And when you pray, always give thanks.

No comments: