Monday, October 27, 2008

Going Home Tomorrow!

Vince had the MRI and X Ray today. I don't know when we will hear the results, but I'm sure it will be soon! I am looking forward to hearing what the doctors have to say:) Vince is on his last bit of chemo for this round. It will end tonight at 12 a.m.! He is soooo happy! He has to finish another medicine for his bladder (it protects his bladder) and that one will be finished before 10 a.m. and then we are free to go as soon as the doctor releases him! Hopefully, 10:15 a.m...which is not soon enough for Vince! So I assume we will be home around 12 or 1 pm. God has been so good to him while he is here. The biggest hurdle has been the episode the 2nd night, but now we know he is allergic to Compazine and the other hurdle is the vomiting for the last 2 days, due to one of the chemo's. Otherwise, he has done so great! I can't believe that this is our 5th night here! I can't wait to sleep on a mattress! I've been sleeping on a fold out chair, which is super uncomfortable! But, it's a great reminder for me of how sometimes when we are uncomfortable, how much more we will appreciate having comfort! Sounds pretty simple, but true:)

This photo of Vince is an area where we could go and didn't learn about it until today...man...why oh why didn't they tell us sooner! I will make sure next time that the dr. tells the nurses that he can go out there...Vince didn't want to go back into the hospital, he can't stand the smell! Just the thought of smells would make him gag...like the soap, or the bathroom, or the sheets, etc..horrible!

Quick story...Pastor Mark (Executive Pastor @ Discovery Church) came to visit Vince & I today here at the hospital. It's a pretty confusing place to visit and find your way around, so I told him to call me when he got into the lobby and I would come down and get him. We got into the elevator to go to our floor and wouldn't you know...two men getting out of the elevator and one leaves behind...lets just say...a not so pleasant smell...and in the elevator with us was a woman, who was not shy in voicing her opinion! She proceeds to say..."whoa..why did they have to do that...oh man...that's baadddd...oh man...don't they care"...and then...WHAM...it comes our way!....it was so funny...and she got off on the floor before us and as quick as a wink...she pulls out a bottle of perfume and sprays the elevator for us as she left..running! Pastor Mark turns to me and laughs and says, "now, that's a first"! We were quite amused by her...and it gave us a good laugh!

This is a Bible verse that I would cling to when Jim had cancer...it helped me realize that there is joy in our sufferings...even though it is sometimes hard to find...it's there if we just look for it.

“Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” (James 1:2-4)

No comments: