Monday, December 15, 2008

Chemo or No Chemo? That Is The Question

Please pray for Vince tomorrow (Tuesday, Dec. 16th) around 11:00 as we will be at the doctor as he determines whether or not he will be healthy enough for his 4th chemo treatment. I know quite a few people have asked me what to pray for...chemo or no chemo? Personally, Jim and I are praying for no chemo and I know Vince is also hoping not to have to endure that awful treatment, but...whatever the doctor decides is what is best for Vince. We would love nothing more than to just get on with the radiation so that the surgery would be sooner rather than later, so that he can have the tumor removed and out of his body! If he does go into the hospital, we will go directly from UCLA Westwood (oncologists office is there) to UCLA Santa Monica Hospital. I'm sure he will be having an MRI, CT Scan and an xray sometime this week, whether he is in the hospital or not, so that the surgeon will be able to make plans for the surgery. We are looking forward to getting those results so that we can see how much progress has been made.

I am praising Jesus for a great outcome in advance! He has been so good to Vince through this trial, that's for sure! We are so proud of Vince for having such a great attitude, even when things have been so unbearable and he felt so sick and just plain tired of enduring....but he got through it! We have hope and we know that God is in control and that is all we need! Glory to God!The other night I was watching Gianni (my grandson) while his mom and dad went to a company Christmas party. We baked oranments, played UNO, looked up "How to make puppets" on the internet, and also had so much fun taking pictures with the timer on the camera (we took about 200 LOL!) When Jim and I were taking our turn, Gianni decided to get in on the action and here's the proof! Cracked me up when I saw the final pictures...I didn't know he was in them! He is quite the character! I love him so much! He brings me JOY!

Have you never heard or understood? Don't you know that the LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth? He never grows faint or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding.
Isaiah 40.28
The LORD, your Redeemer and Creator, says: "I am the LORD, who made all things. I alone stretched out the heavens. By myself I made the earth and everything in it.
Isaiah 44:24

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey guys---just wanted you to know I will be lifting up your meeting today. Blessings.
mark