Tuesday, December 16, 2008

No Chemo! Yes!

OK...good news...NO Chemo!!! Actually, that's great news! Vince is very happy to say the least! The doctor felt very confident about "skipping" this chemo, but wants Vince to get scans done at the end of the week and for us to meet with the surgeon so that he can go ahead and start radiation as soon as possible. He said that he is very happy with the way Vince has responded to the treatments thus far. The "mono" test hasn't come back yet and I was "shocked" when I saw Vince's throat! Oh my gosh! It looks horrible! Super inflamed and white pus (sorry about the description...gross, I know!) He said it doesn't hurt, but it's very swollen and hard to swallow! His glands are super swollen, but no pain...I just think he has a very high pain tolerance and that's why he doesn't complain....after everything he has experienced in the last 3 mths. as far as pain is concerned, this is nothing to him...so...the doctor took another strep test, just in case and also a viral test, which came back positive, which means that at this point, it's something that has to work it's course. So, for now we are just waiting for the doctor to call with an appointment for the scans and also the results from the cultures they took. Hopefully, he will just get some rest so that his body can repair itself (as if that will happen...rest? what's that...hahaha) He came home and within 10 mins. he and Mikemo were out the door! Oh, it's great to be young! Vince is excited at the possibility of his hair starting to grow in a little bit, since his chemo won't start up again until mid to late February (just a guess). I will blog as soon as we find out the results. Thank you so much for your prayers!

Here are a few more photos of Gianni and I...how sweet!
Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
Psalm 95:1

1 comment:

Miguel said...

I hope all turns out well with vince, I'm still praying, and will continue to pray for you guys. I just found out on thanksgiving that my aunt may have some form of cancer...she had part of whatever it was removed in a surgery last week, and the doctor's said she'll probably have to have chemo done just in case. so I ask if anyone reads this to please pray for her, thanks.