Friday, February 6, 2009

Blessings Among Us!

This is a praise report!  My mom came off of the ventilator today at 4 pm!  She was on it for 6 days!  We are so thrilled at how well she is doing in just 4 hrs!  Oh my gosh!  She is laughing (quietly) and is eating jello and liquids, but she is hungry!  She looks amazing having gone through this for the last week!  She can't wait to put on her makeup! For all that know her, that means she is completely normal! LOL! What a fighter she is!  My dad called me about 40 mins. after they took her off and he was so excited and I could tell he was calling with good news just by his "Hey, hun! They took her off the machine and all the tubes are out!"  Such sweet words!  

What a roller coaster ride of emotions we have been through these last 5 months, with everything that we've experienced with Vince and now my mom and a few other health related issues in my family.  But, through it all, God has given us a peace that we know only comes from him.  We have the joy of the Lord, and he is our strength!

This is a picture of my mom a few days before she was admitted to the hospital. Our friend, Tiffanie treated her to a new hair cut and color!  Thanks Tiff!  

Top Five Things We Learned This Week

1. You can get a person to crack a smile while on a ventilator, if you are a klutz and knock something over in their ICU room (yes, it was me:)

2. Coyotes will run into the side of your car while they running across a busy road while you are traveling at 50 mph and leaving a crack in your fender with coyote hairs as evidence (it was Mindy, my daughter:)

3. You can hit the same curb multiple times in your car when traveling the exact same routine every day going to and from radiation.

4. That the radiation machine is not the most reliable piece of equipment ever made (it broke down again yesterday, for the 4th time:(

5. That no matter what...God is still in charge.

For all the promises of God find their fulfillment in
him. That is why it is through him we say Amen
when we give praise to God.

2 Corinthians 1:20

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh you are cracking me up! I am crying! Praise God mom is feeling better!!!!!!! Blessed be the name of the Lord!

Miguel said...

I was praying for you and your family, that's good to hear your mother's doing so much better now.