Monday, February 2, 2009

Mom Update

My mom had to be intubated, which is basically hooked up to a breathing machine.  She is heavily sedated and resting comfortably.  She wasn't able to breathe on her own, so they had no choice but to put her on it.  She has responded a few times to my dad, Mindy and my brothers and that is very encouraging.  They only allow us a few minutes per day to even see her.  I have not been in the room since Sat. because I am also taking Vince to his radiation treatments everyday and that take us about 2 1/2 hrs. per day and I keep missing the visits.  I will hopefully get to see her tomorrow.  They don't want her to get too excited because she needs to rest so that her body can heal.  At this point, she will not be having the defibulator put in.  They are going to try to wean her off of the machine and we are very hopeful that it will happen soon.  I am so grateful to all my prayer warriors out there!  I hope we are not wearing you out!  I am praying for so many of you as well!

My dad is staying in his motor home in the parking lot so that he can be near her at all times. As you can imagine, he is extremely exhausted.  We are taking turns hanging out with him as much as possible.  

My dear friend Cathy (we have been friends for 34 yrs), her mom, Verna, had surgery today at the same hospital and she will be there  for the next few days as well and she is doing so great! How amazing God is, that he would put both of our mom's in the same hospital at the same time!  Thank you, Cathy for hanging out with us last night and taking us to dinner!  You are a blessing to us!

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

No comments: