Thursday, April 23, 2009

Awesome News!

Vince had his 10 day post-op appt. today at 9:30 a.m. The doctor came in and took out the 58 staples and also pulled out the 2 drains. The drains were a little bit painful on the way out since they are about 4 in. long inside his arm! He said it's such a relief to get those nasty things out! Yay!

I asked the doctor if he had any information from the pathology reports and he said he didn't have them back yet, because they were a little more complicated samples and he said he would call us when he got the results. Early this evening I got a call from him with the results and he told me that the tumor was 99% dead! I said, "it's not 100% dead?" and he told me that "no one gets a 100% dead, 99% is the highest you can get!" All the margins were clear, which means that they removed all the cancer and it wasn't in any other areas outside of where the tumor was! He also said that everything that Vince has gone through so far is worth it because we could not have had a better result.

Thank you, Jesus for the BEST news EVER!! We give YOU the glory! Dr. Eckhardt was just a tool to get those results and we are so grateful that he is such a gifted surgeon! Thank YOU!!

I said to Dr. Eckhardt, "now we just have to get him through the chemo" and he told me, "if Vince wasn't strong enough in the beginning of this fight, he will be even stronger when it's over", I said that's what we always tell him, too!

Vince will go back in two weeks for another check up to see if his incision is healed and then he can start chemo. In the meantime, we are breathing a huge sigh of relief and we are that much closer to getting his treatments behind us! It's already been almost 7 mths. since we found out about his cancer, so 1 more year really doesn't seem that long. I am so grateful that God gives us what I like to call "amnesia" because in the beginning of this journey everyday seemed like a year and now we look back and it's hard to believe it's been 7 mths. Strange how that happens.

I just ask that you would continue to keep Vince in your prayers because I know that all of you have been praying overtime for him and your prayers have been answered! So, I hope that your faith has increased as mine has because you have seen faith in action!!! God does hear our prayers and Vince, my wonderful son, is living proof!!!

I have made a few new friends with Ewing's Sarcoma and if you could add them to your prayers I know they would appreciate it so much! Here are their names:

Erica (21 yrs. old) in Colorado, she is about 3-4 yrs. out of treatment
Tyler (16 yrs. old) in Georgia, he is in the midst, like Vince
Todd (24 yrs. old) in Calif. is about 4 mths. out of treatment but just had a surgery 6 weeks ago to fix his prosthesis
Tina's husband (42 yrs. old) in Canada, in the midst as well

By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see.
Acts 3:16

3 comments:

mabercrombie said...

Your newest post brought tears to my eyes! I am so thankful with you for that great PATH report. Are God is so awesome! I continue to pray for a speedy recovery and a cure without complications.

Unknown said...

Praise God for this awesome news!! And thank you Ronda for your friendship & your faith which inspires me every day!!

candice said...

Praise GOD!!!
I wish we had a word in our language that was used ONLY to describe God and his awesomeness. There is nothing in our language that even comes close to putting a word on it. But if I knew it I'd share it because His work here is truly amazing.