Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bike Ride-Fun Times!


Hey! This was so fun! Can't you tell how excited everyone looks! LOL! Vince, Mindy, Bobby, Gianni, Veronica & I all went on a bike ride to our local Subway. I haven't ridden a bike in probably 20 yrs! It was about 5 or 6 miles round trip, which Veronica and I had to be picked up because everyone ditched us and wouldn't wait so we could rest, since it's all uphill on the way home!!! LOL! Next time WE WILL go the distance!!

The funny thing is, Jim followed us in his car just so he could see his family riding...or like he said, "like little ducks all in a row"!

Vince has been feeling really good and it was time to get his blood work today. Mikemo is coming home tonight (he has been gone for 3 weeks) and asked Vince if he wants to go to San Francisco with him and the Girl Skateboard team tomorrow and come home on Sunday. The nurse called a few hours ago and told us that this counts are way too low for him to go. He is at major risk for catching any darn viruses and weird germie things! It's such a bummer!!!!!!!!!! WE really wanted him to go and just have some fun for a few days, but it's too risky.
Just don't ask him about it...he's a bit grouchy and with good reason. It's weird how he can be feeling so good and looking so good and have such low blood counts...I guess it's quite deceiving.

His arm is still healing and he is getting stronger each day. He is now able to reach out a little to shake your hand, but that's about it. He is doing great overall and has such a great attitude! His next chemo will be on June 15th.

And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.

James 5:15

I would like to wish Rachel a very special HAPPY 19th BIRTHDAY today! I love you!

The following is for Vince, Jim and Mikemo!!!

Go Lakers!


1 comment:

Miguel said...

That's too bad about San Francisco, I'm guessing it would've been for the Wallenberg contest? I was actually planning on going down to the Bay this weekend for that contest, but my brother was admitted to the hospital (please pray for him) and I've decided to stay here with my family. They thought it was his appendix, but now their not sure.

I was looking forward to San Francisco for while tommorow, but it looks like I'm stuck working and hanging out in the hospital!