Monday, June 1, 2009

"Scar Wars"

I thought it would be inspiring to see what our loved ones have gone through. They are truly "hero's" in my book! They have endured extreme pain and suffering and they are all getting through this horrible disease we call "Cancer". Please continue to pray for them as they journey through life with the title of "Cancer Survivors" stamped on them.

I have always told Jim that his scar represents "life" to me and the fact that he is alive to tell his story is a testimony that people do survive this horrible disease! He has been cancer free for 9 1/2 yrs! Thank you, Jesus!

Vince, 21 yrs old, Ewing's Sarcoma, April 2009

Jim (Vince's Dad), 46 yrs. old, Kidney Cancer, Jan. 2000 (he was 36 yrs old at the time)

George, 42 yrs. old, Ewing's Sarcoma, May 2008

Erica, 21 yrs. old, Ewing's Sarcoma, 2 surgeries, Jan. 2005 /Dec. 2008

Tyler, 16 yrs. old, Ewing's Sarcoma, March 2009


Thank you to Tina (George's wife), Maria (Tyler's mom), Jane (Todd's mom & not pictured), Carol (Erica's mom). We are all going through the same thing with our loved ones and I am so grateful and blessed to have them in my life! They are such a wonderful support system!


Prayer Requests
A few weeks ago I posted that I had some upcoming trials that weren't "Vince related". I will be having surgery tomorrow (June 2nd) @ 7:30 a.m. I am having a Hysterectomy, which includes removal of one ovary and a bladder repair. Please pray that I will be able to have the least invasive surgery possible. Pray that I will recover quickly so that I can spend the 5 days with Vince in the hospital for chemo #6, two weeks from today, June 15th! I was also diagnosed with a non-cancerous tumor on my spine, around my neck and shoulder area. I will be following up on that in about a month to see if that will need to be removed as well. Just a few more things to add to our list of trials. God is in the midst, so I will not fear!

Also, I have two brothers and one of them just had a similar surgery to Vince's from a motorcycle accident and my other brother was going to have neck surgery tomorrow and cancelled it. Please pray for them, because I know they are in a lot of pain. Thanks!

Vince is feeling really good, but does have some muscle pain in the shoulder, but he thinks it is from sitting at his computer and resting his arm on the desk, which pushes his shoulder up too high. Hopefully, it will go away soon! He had blood work today to check his counts and they are on the way up! Yay! He is looking forward to the next 2 weeks of freedom!

“Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” Hebrews 4:16






















No comments: