Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Chemo #9-Thursday, Aug. 27th

Thursday will be Vince's 9th chemo! He is half way done! Thank you, Jesus!!! It's getting pretty hard for him at this point, not because he feels bad, but because he wants to be done with the treatments and get back to his normal life AND grow his hair back!! He is amazing and so brave, I don't know if I could get through all that he has endured. Talk about R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Everyone who knows him definitely has a new found respect for him, including Jim and I.

I have people ask me all the time about how many treatments he has left and when I tell them he has 9 more, which translates to about March 16th, they are stunned. WE are looking forward to that glorious day!!! It will be about an 18 mth. journey, but worth every minute. The doctor always tells Vince, "give me a year and a half of your life, and you can have the rest of your life to do what you want." How awesome is that!

Just a few more weeks will be one year since the day we found out about his diagnosis. In many ways it seems like yesterday, but when I start to think about all he has been through it seems like forever. My memory is quite vague at this point, until I look back and read this blog! LOL!

It makes me really appreciate what medicine can do for such horrible diseases. Vince recently asked me about the chemo and how the doctors and nurses dress in protective gear to administer the chemo, and if it gets on their skin it will pretty much eat it, BUT they can give it to him in his port and feed it to his body and that is supposed to be good? It boggles our minds, but I know that it has helped to save his life...it's so weird, huh? This is where my faith becomes even stronger, knowing that God is protecting my precious son and healing him each and every day.

Prayers are greatly appreciated, as always! You are all so special to us! Thanks for all your support!

And Jesus said to them, "Have faith in God."
Mark 11:22

No comments: